Saturday, August 12, 2006

Forgiveness

We are swimming with the snakes
At the bottom of the well
So silent and peaceful
In the darkness where we fell

But we are not snakes
And whats more we never will be
And if we stay swimming here forever
We will never be free

I heard them ringing the bells
In heaven and hell
They got a secret
They're getting ready to tell

It's falling from the sky
Calling from the graves
Open your eyes, girl, I think we are saved
Open your eyes, girl, I think we are saved

Lets take a walk on the bridge
Right over this mess
Dont need to tell me a thing
Baby we've already confessed

And I raised my voice to the air
And we were blessed

It's hard to give
It's hard to get
And I'll never forget
But everybody needs
A little forgiveness

- Patty Griffin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home